Gateway Coaches Clinic coming January 9, 2016!
Join the Gateway Region at 1pm on Saturday January 9, 2016 at Ursuline Academy for a return of the Gateway Coaches Clinic. Participants for the January 9th morning IMPACT clinic are eligible for a discount to this coaches educational event! Join area college coaches as they discuss and present skills, drills, and topics pertinent to the landscape of youth and junior volleyball! Cadre will be announced when confirmed. Registration for this event will be made available soon. For new coaches needing IMPACT, click here.
Webpoint Registration Open September 1, 2015!
One LAST Junior Club Volleyball Information Night!
Information nights for families new to USA Volleyball in the Gateway Region. Only 1 more night is available to learn how the process of Junior Select Volleyball works! Come out and get direction on what to do, where to go, and meet area club representatives! 2015-2016 Age Division Birthday Cutoffs
- Tuesday October 20, 2015 at Kirkwood Community Center from 6-8pm
All Officials Training Modules in webpoint are available!
Login to Webpoint, and click on Region Clinics, then click on Region Ref/Score clinics.
Safe Sport Training
Safe Sport Certification is required for Junior Club Directors before the Club's tryouts may be posted online for the 2015-16 season.
2015-16 Early Season Forms
To sanction tryouts, click here for the 2015-16 Tryout Sanction Form and send to Linus firstname.lastname@example.org
To update or add a club profile, click here for the 2015-16 Club Profile Form and send to Linus email@example.com
To sanction a tournament, click here for the 2015-16 Tournament Sanction Form and send to Donna firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2015-16 Season
Policies that impact both Adult and Junior Participants
- E-cigs and Vapor Cigarettes are considered tobacco products. Parents and/or Players must abide by facility or event rules with tobacco restrictions.
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- Club Directors must become Safesport certified before their Club's tryouts may be sanctioned
- Due to the change in timeframe for U18s Girls Junior National Championships, The 18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 12-13, 2016. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- Seeding Tournaments will not be offered in the 2015/2016 season.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Tournaments
- If a Tournament Director sanctions a tournament and the entry fee reflects the provision of 1st officials, teams may expect that 1st officials will be provided throughout that tournament. If a team is without a paid 1st official, the Tournament Director shall refund the difference between the entry fee and the maximum fee of $100 to each team affected. Refunds will be postmarked within 14 days from the event.
- Refunds to teams/clubs for cancelled tournaments or absent officials will be issued and postmarked within 14 days of cancellation or the event.
2015-2016 Season Official Notes
- Solid color jersey rule still in effect (Click for Solid Colored Jersey Rule Fact Sheet). Review DCR USAV 19.2 if you are unsure about application of the rule (Solid Colored Jersey Rule Summary Sheet).
- NET CHANGES—review DCR FIVB 11.3.1. Contact with the net by a player between the antennae during the action of playing the ball is a FAULT this season.
- Coaches are no longer required to sign scoresheets. DCR USAV 5.1.3 and 18.104.22.168
- Libero can now be Captain. DCR USAV 5.
- Unused points on the Scoresheet are now zero'd out with a "T-Bar" instead of an "Hourglass" at regional level competitions.
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2016 forms. PDF's of the new scoresheets may also be found on our Tourney Forms page, under the publications tab
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (email@example.com) or at 314-849-1221.