Gateway Coaches Clinic January 9, 2016 - Registration Open!
Join the Gateway Region from 1-5pm on Saturday January 9, 2016 at Ursuline Academy for a return of the Gateway Coaches Clinic. Participants for the January 9th morning IMPACT clinic are invited to attend this coaches educational event for FREE! Join area college coaches as they discuss and present skills, drills, and topics pertinent to the landscape of youth and junior volleyball! Cadre includes Kent Miller from St. Louis University, Ben Briney from Truman State University, and Leah Johnson from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Clinic is only $20.
For new coaches needing IMPACT, click here.
Gateway Girls Festival Registration Open!
January 30-31, 2016 - U16's and U18's
February 6-7, 2016 - U12's, U13's, and U14's.
Webpoint Registration Open September 1, 2015!
All Officials Training Modules in webpoint are available!
Login to Webpoint, and click on Region Clinics, then click on Region Ref/Score clinics.
Safe Sport Training
Safe Sport Certification is required for Junior Club Directors before the Club's tryouts may be posted online for the 2015-16 season.
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2015-16 Season
Policies that impact both Adult and Junior Participants
- E-cigs and Vapor Cigarettes are considered tobacco products. Parents and/or Players must abide by facility or event rules with tobacco restrictions.
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- Club Directors must become Safesport certified before their Club's tryouts may be sanctioned
- Due to the change in timeframe for U18s Girls Junior National Championships, The 18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 12-13, 2016. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- Seeding Tournaments will not be offered in the 2015/2016 season.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Tournaments
- If a Tournament Director sanctions a tournament and the entry fee reflects the provision of 1st officials, teams may expect that 1st officials will be provided throughout that tournament. If a team is without a paid 1st official, the Tournament Director shall refund the difference between the entry fee and the maximum fee of $100 to each team affected. Refunds will be postmarked within 14 days from the event.
- Refunds to teams/clubs for cancelled tournaments or absent officials will be issued and postmarked within 14 days of cancellation or the event.
2015-2016 Season Official Notes
- Solid color jersey rule still in effect (Click for Solid Colored Jersey Rule Fact Sheet). Review DCR USAV 19.2 if you are unsure about application of the rule (Solid Colored Jersey Rule Summary Sheet).
- NET CHANGES—review DCR FIVB 11.3.1. Contact with the net by a player between the antennae during the action of playing the ball is a FAULT this season.
- Coaches are no longer required to sign scoresheets. DCR USAV 5.1.3 and 220.127.116.11
- Libero can now be Captain. DCR USAV 5.
- Unused points on the Scoresheet are now zero'd out with a "T-Bar" instead of an "Hourglass" at regional level competitions.
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2016 forms. PDF's of the new scoresheets may also be found on our Tourney Forms page, under the publications tab
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (email@example.com) or at 314-849-1221.