The Mental Edge Coaching Clinic
The Mental Edge Coaches Clinic’s purpose is to create a clinic where our area club coaches (and any other coaches) can attend and learn how to create situations to prepare their players (mentally and physically) for game day. We all run drills that work on improving the kids’ skills, but how do we get them game ready? How do we ensure they are prepared for the faster pace, the stressors and the distractions of matches/tournaments? This is the clinic for you! We will have a variety of clinicians presenting on topics to help you get your team ready for their best season ever! You will get to learn from some of the best and network with coaches from all over. This is a great way to prepare for Nationals! See you there!
When: June 1, 2014
Time: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (lunch will be provided and appetizers and beverages provided for social hour)
Where: Webster Groves Recreation Complex (33 E. Glendale, Webster Groves, MO 63119)
Cost: $90/coach. Cost includes all day clinic series, 3 CAP modules (maybe more!), lunch, social hour, Gateway Region gift, and attendance prizes!
Focus and Self-Talk with Dr. Julie Partridge USAV-CAP MODULE
Earning a Mental Edge with Team Chemistry with Shenee Boyle USAV-CAP MODULE
From Team Defense to Transition Offense: How to implement progressions to move from teaching to performance under pressure with Corey Arbini USAV-CAP MODULE
Mental Toughness Training for Volleyball/Positive Coaching with Dale Woodson
The Mental E.D.G.E. of Concussions with Delaine Young
Busting Through the Plateau and How to do it Effectively with Heather Kea
Steps to Building a Program and Taking a Team from "Good" to "Great" with Dave Mirly
Mental Approach to Attacking or Serving; and The Practice Environment with Bob Crank
Beyond the "Butterfly Drill": Train your Team Mentally with Julie Brandmeyer
Keynote Speaker: Joe Mannion, Sports Psychologist Consultant
- Presenting on mindfulness for enhanced performance & well-being - one of the hottest areas in sport psychology practice today!
- Content based on my in-progress work for a Cambridge University Press book chapter on mindful coaching
- Clients range from a UFC fighter to a collegiate soccer team to entrepreneurs
- Masters in sport psychology at Georgia Southern University with an extra year at Victoria University in Australia
- Variety of peer-reviewed, sport psychology conference presentations and publications
- Presentation will be candid, conversational and include Q&A, a mindfulness exercise, & post-talk resources
Why: This clinic is geared for everyone but here are a few reasons why YOU should attend!
- Heading to Nationals with your team this summer
- Just finished a frustrating season and looking for new ways to prepare for the next one
- Interested in coaching education
- Better understanding of what goes through the athletes mind
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED! Download the form and submit to the Gateway Region office with payment.
At-Large Director NominationsAt-Large Director Candidates sought to join the Board of Directors. As a voting member of the board, an At-Large Director represents the general membership of the Gateway Region and presents the viewpoints and ideas of that constituency when assisting and advising the board in the decision making process. An At-Large Director Candidate must be a current member of the GW Region. Contact Steve Mueth, email@example.com, if you would like to run for this position or would like additional information. The deadline for submitting nominations is May 20.
2013-2014 Season registration
United offers special discounts for all USA Volleyball events.
You may book online at united.com and enter the USAV code: ZRAF534777 in the ‘offer code’ box when searching for your flights.
The 2014 USAV code is valid for travel January 6, 2014 to December 15, 2014.
If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information:
Agreement Code: 534777; Z Code: ZRAF.
Athletes, coaches, friends and family can save on their next stay at any of the 3,900 hotels within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands
and help support USA Volleyball by staying with Hilton.
To get the discount book your rooms early!
The Hilton discount program does not replace any ‘Stay and Play’ housing requirements for certain USAV events.
Gateway Region General Board Meeting Dates for 2013-2014
- May 9- 6:30pm, Kirkwood CC
- August 8- 6:30pm, Kirkwood CC