2016-17 Early Season Region Offerings!
October 2nd….Welcome to USAV officiating for people who are interested in becoming a USAV referee. This will be an hour meeting with a Meet and Greet and a short presentation on what to do to become certified, training and rating information and a general Q & A to follow.
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, Rm 201.
October 4th…Club Info Night. This will be an approximate 1 hr presentation followed by Q & A in Rm 202. Club Directors will be across the hall in Rm 201 with their set up for promoting their clubs.
Time: 6:30 pm Presentation, 7:30 Club Show and Tell
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, Rm 202 for presentation and Rm 201 for clubs
November 12th IMPACT 9-2pm, room 200 Kirkwood Community Center. Reservations are required.
November 13th Junior Referee and Scoring Clinic. This is for review and practical rating sessions for referee and scoring skills for junior players. Completion of online training modules is a requirement. Enrollment is limited to 40 junior players. Bring pens/pencils/whistles and be prepared to play a scrimmage.
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, small gym.
December 3rd IMPACT 9-2 pm room 200 Kirkwood Community Center. Reservations are required.
December 4th Junior Referee and Scoring Clinic. This is for review and practical rating sessions for referee and scoring skills for junior players. Completion of online training modules is a requirement. Enrollment is limited to 40 junior players. Bring pens/pencils/whistles and be prepared to play a scrimmage.
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, small gym.
Lindenwood University Youth VB Offer!
The Lindenwood University Women's Volleyball season is approaching and the school is offering an opportunity for youth and junior Volleyball teams. We have a special ticket deal for youth teams where tickets are only $2 per person, which includes parents, coaches, and players. In addition, the players would have a chance to meet the team after the match. For more information and details about this opportunity, Click Here!
Summer Playing Opportunities!
- For Junior and Adult players of all levels and ages, Click here for playing leagues and open play around the St. Louis Metro Area.
- For Youth and Junior players looking for summer camp opportunities, Click here!
- For Junior players who have fallen in love with Sand Doubles, and want more doubles tourney opportunities, Click here!
- For Families new to organized volleyball for their son/daughter, you can begin by clicking here to access our parents page, or clicking here for a list of junior clubs in our region.
Webpoint Registration - Membership access-renew-Apply
The 2016-2017 Registration season will open Sept 1, 2016.
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2015-16 Season
Policies that impact both Adult and Junior Participants
- E-cigs and Vapor Cigarettes are considered tobacco products. Parents and/or Players must abide by facility or event rules with tobacco restrictions.
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- Club Directors must become Safesport certified before their Club's tryouts may be sanctioned
- Due to the change in timeframe for U18s Girls Junior National Championships, The 18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 12-13, 2016. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- Seeding Tournaments will not be offered in the 2015/2016 season.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Tournaments
- If a Tournament Director sanctions a tournament and the entry fee reflects the provision of 1st officials, teams may expect that 1st officials will be provided throughout that tournament. If a team is without a paid 1st official, the Tournament Director shall refund the difference between the entry fee and the maximum fee of $100 to each team affected. Refunds will be postmarked within 14 days from the event.
- Refunds to teams/clubs for cancelled tournaments or absent officials will be issued and postmarked within 14 days of cancellation or the event.
2015-2016 Season Official Notes
- New 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- NET CHANGES—review DCR FIVB 11.3.1. Contact with the net by a player between the antennae during the action of playing the ball is a FAULT this season.
- Coaches are no longer required to sign scoresheets. DCR USAV 5.1.3 and 220.127.116.11
- Libero can now be Captain. DCR USAV 5.
- Unused points on the Scoresheet are now zero'd out with a "T-Bar" instead of an "Hourglass" at regional level competitions.
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2016 forms. PDF's of the new scoresheets may also be found on our Tourney Forms page, under the publications tab
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (email@example.com) or at 314-849-1221.