Saint Louis University Youth VB Offer!
This Friday, October 21, and Sunday, October 23, Saint Louis University Volleyball will be having a youth volleyball promotion and we would like to invite Gateway Volleyball teams to both games! We are able to offer free admission to Gateway players who are 13 years of age and younger, if they wear their team jersey to the game. For players U-14+, coaches, family and friends we created a discounted group ticket for $4.00. For individuals interested in purchasing the $4.00 ticket they can CLICK HERE to purchase tickets and enter the promo code SLUVOL. Please note, this $4.00 ticket special is only available online and not at the gate. If anyone needs assistance they can call the Billiken Ticket Office at 314-977-4SLU or visit slubillikens.com.
Gateway Region Mock tryout - October 23 2016, 1-4pm at Kirkwood Community Center!
Tryouts are a daunting experience - even if you've gone through the process before. Please join us Sunday October 23, 2016 from 1pm - 4pm at Kirkwood Community Center, to walk through a sample tryout situation. Whether your new to the tryout process, or have had a year under your belt, Area coaches will be on hand to simulate drills, flow, and pressure of tryout situations. Please download, fill out, and email the Mock Tryout Registration form, and email the form back to Melissa Pouyer. As a player, you will need to bring a water bottle, Download, Print, fill out, Sign, and bring a 2016-2017 Medical Release Form (no notary necessariy), and wear appropriate athletic clothing and equipment (kneepads, tennis shoes). If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Pouyer at 314-849-1221 in the Gateway Region offices.
Gateway Region Mentoring Opportunities!
Do you have an outstanding junior volleyball player that would be interested in becoming a Mentor for 11U and 12U tournaments in the local area?
Gateway Region is recruiting Mentors for the 2016-2017 season!
What do Mentor’s Do? Mentors assist officiating teams with their duties at 11U and 12U tournaments. They help our fledgling youth players manage scorekeeping, down reffing, and line-judging.
What is Required of me? Be at least 16 years old, have own transportation, and be proficient in scoring and refereeing. Must also be a current USAV member.
What am I compensated for my time? Each Mentor is paid a $100 fee per day and mileage stipend to tournament sites and a furnished shirt.
If you are interested, or know of suitable candidates, please contact Melissa Pouyer at 314-849-1221 in the Gateway Region offices.
Webpoint Registration - Membership access-renew-Apply
The 2016-2017 Registration season opens Sept 1, 2016. - Please note: Junior Memberships may NOT be paid online.
All Junior Coaches and Officials (referees and scorers) to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2017. HOWEVER During the 2016-17 season, USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults involved with any junior programming before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs). To Take the training:
- CLICK this link https://training.teamusa.org/store/details/1
- CLICK “Add to Bag”
- CLICK “Checkout” (there is no charge)
- Follow the on-screen instructions for registering and completing the training. If you have never created a log in for this site click REGISTER.
- If registering for the first time, be sure to “+Add Membership” and select USA Volleyball and enter your current USAV Membership Number. (NOTE: If you don’t have your Membership Number, you may enter your club affiliation.)
2016-17 Early Season Region Offerings!
October 2nd….Welcome to USAV officiating for people who are interested in becoming a USAV referee. This will be an hour meeting with a Meet and Greet and a short presentation on what to do to become certified, training and rating information and a general Q & A to follow.
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, Rm 201.
October 4th…Club Info Night. This will be an approximate 1 hr presentation followed by Q & A in Rm 202. Club Directors will be across the hall in Rm 201 with their set up for promoting their clubs.
Time: 6:30 pm Presentation, 7:30 Club Show and Tell
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, Rm 202 for presentation and Rm 201 for clubs
November 12th IMPACT 9-2pm, room 200 Kirkwood Community Center. Reservations are required.
November 13th Junior Referee and Scoring Clinic. This is for review and practical rating sessions for referee and scoring skills for junior players. Completion of online training modules is a requirement. Enrollment is limited to 40 junior players. Bring pens/pencils/whistles, a numbered shirt, and be prepared to play a scrimmage. To register, download, complete, and email/mail Clinic Registration Form to Melissa email@example.com 10075 Bauer Rd, St. Louis, MO 63128. Participation will require a completed 2016-2017 Medical Release Form (no notary necessariy)
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, small gym.
December 3rd IMPACT 9-2 pm room 200 Kirkwood Community Center. Reservations are required.
December 4th Junior Referee and Scoring Clinic. This is for review and practical rating sessions for referee and scoring skills for junior players. Completion of online training modules is a requirement. Enrollment is limited to 40 junior players. Bring pens/pencils/whistles and be prepared to play a scrimmage.
Place: Kirkwood Community Center, small gym.
January 14th Gateway Region Coaches Clinic - more details as they become available!
Lindenwood University Youth VB Offer!
The Lindenwood University Women's Volleyball season is approaching and the school is offering an opportunity for youth and junior Volleyball teams. We have a special ticket deal through Nov 8, 2016 for youth teams where tickets are only $2 per person, which includes parents, coaches, and players. In addition, the players would have a chance to meet the team after the match. For more information and details about this opportunity, Click Here!
Fall Playing Opportunities!
- For Junior and Adult players of all levels and ages, Click here for playing leagues and open play around the St. Louis Metro Area.
- For Youth and Junior players looking for Fall camp and clinic opportunities, Click here!
- For Families new to organized volleyball for their son/daughter, you can begin by clicking here to access our parents page, or clicking here for a list of junior clubs in our region, and their profiles.
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2016-17 Season
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- All Gateway Region Junior Coaches and Officials (referees and scorers) are to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2017. HOWEVER, During the 2016-17 season, USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs). Additionally, Gateway Region recommends that all parents of junior participants watch SafeSport.
- The Girls 18 American Division has been moved to Spring GJNC event. The Region's U18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 11-12, 2017. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Junior Tournaments
- The 2017 Gateway Girls Bid Event will be hosted through AES.
- The Gateway Region Girls Bid Event will remain a double elimination Tournament. If an age division has 16 or fewer teams registered online by the AES deadline, the age division tournament will be completed in 1 day. If an age division has 17 or more teams registered online by the AES deadline, the age division tournament will be completed in 2 days. The Top 10 seeds based on Region Ranking will receive a bye the first day of competition. The remaining seeds will compete on the first day of competition to determine seeds #11 and #12 who will have earned the right to continue competition the 2nd day. The 2nd day of competition will see the completion of a 12 team double elimination bracket to determine bid winners.
2016-2017 Season Official Notes - Additional Notes will be added as they become available
- 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- Provisional I certification expiration is extended until December 31st provided that the 2017 clinic module requirements have been completed 7 days prior to refereeing after October 31st
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2017 forms.
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 314-849-1221.
Policies specific to the Adults Program
Season defined as Sept 1 thru Adult Nationals. (No Friendship Season).
- Everyone must be a member.
- All registrations must be done online in Webpoint. (No hard copy forms on site).
- One One-day membership will be offered; $10. After that, a player must Upgrade to a Full Member (additional $40).
- Collegiate Club membership option will be offered; $15 valid for entire GW season, not valid for nationals. (must be a member of a Collegiate Club team).
- Region will post an alphabetical list of registered adults weekly, target update time is Friday by noon.
- Report to include first name, last name, level of play and membership #.
- Teams must submit a tournament roster to the tournament director prior to the start of the event.
- Tournament director is responsible to verify membership of all participants.
- Proof of membership for those not on the membership report posted on the GW website can be verified on site by showing Webpoint member status on phone.
- Junior members playing must be registered by noon on Friday before their first tournament. Proof of membership can be verified by tournament director on site by Webpoint membership status on phone.
- Junior teams must follow all requirements for participation in a junior event. Guidelines are listed in the Junior Handbook, i.e. teams must register with the region 10 days prior to their first sanctioned event.
- Teams may submit a Team Registration Form to the office to register a team, however, this is not a requirement except for any team attending Nationals. If a team chooses to register a team, they can still pick up registered players from other clubs/teams and add them to their tournament roster. For individual players who are not included on a Team Registration Form (specific club and team) webpoint will include a Gateway Men’s and Gateway Women’s Club for players to choose at the time of registration. (Teams may form for single tournaments).
- Tournament division levels to sanction: Open, A, BB, B; high/low playoff formats are optional.
Individual / Team Level of play
- Adult player reps will assign and monitor individual levels of play.
- Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 2 players from one level higher on a tournament roster.
- Teams must provide capable officials.
- USAV scoresheet will be used.
- Matching uniforms are not required.
- It is recommended that the Libero jersey should be a contrasting color.
- Unique uniform numbers are required on both the front and back; taping numbers is allowed.
- Teams must submit a Team Registration Form to GW Office in order to register a club/team; AES requires a club code for entry.
- Rosters must be approved by appropriate Player Rep Committee.