Webpoint Registration Re-Opens September 1, 2015
usav jersey rule definitions - do not change for 15-16 Season
Safe Sport Training
Safe Sport Certification is required for Junior Club Directors before the Club's tryouts may be posted online for the 2015-16 season.
Gateway Night at SLU!
The Gateway Region and Saint Louis University are coming together to bring you an incredible night of Division I NCAA Volleyball. The Billikens take on the 2014 NCAA National Runner Up, BYU, on Friday, September 4, at 7 pm in Chaifetz Arena. All Gateway Members 13 and under will receive free admission by wearing their team jersey or bringing the appropriate attached flyer. Gateway Members 14 and over will be admitted for $4 with the appropriate attached flyer or team jersey.
Players/Coaches/Teams (CYC, Parish, Parochial, MS, HS, or Club) may contact the SLU Box Office at 314-977-4SLU (4758) for advanced ticket sales. Just inform the ticketing agent exact numbers of ticket types (free for 13 and under, $4 for 14 and up, $10 for regular adult), and show required flyers at the door the evening of the event.
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2015-16 Season
Policies that impact both Adult and Junior Participants
* E-cigs and Vapor Cigarettes are considered tobacco products. Parents and/or Players must abide by facility or event rules with tobacco restrictions.
Policies specific to the Junior Program
* Club Directors must become Safesport certified before their Club's tryouts may be sanctioned
* Due to the change in timeframe for U18s Girls Junior National Championships, The 18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 12-13, 2016. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
* Seeding Tournaments will not be offered in the 2015/2016 season.
* In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Tournaments
* If a Tournament Director sanctions a tournament and the entry fee reflects the provision of 1st officials, teams may expect that 1st officials will be provided throughout that tournament. If a team is without a paid 1st official, the Tournament Director shall refund the difference between the entry fee and the maximum fee of $100 to each team affected. Refunds will be postmarked within 14 days from the event.
* Refunds to teams/clubs for cancelled tournaments or absent officials will be issued and postmarked within 14 days of cancellation or the event.
Significant Rules Changes for the 2015/2016 Season
FIVB 11.3 CONTACT WITH THE NET
11.3.1 Contact with the net by a player between the antennae, during the action of the playing the ball, is a fault. The action of playing the ball includes (among others) take-off, hit (or attempt) and landing.
FIVB 11.4 PLAYERS FAULTS AT THE NET
11.4.4 A player interferes with play by (amongst others):
- Touching the net between the antennae or the antenna itself during his/her action of playing the ball.
- using the net between the antennae as a support or stabilizing aid
- creating an unfair advantage over the opponent by touching the net
- making actions which hinder an opponent’s legitimate attempt to play the ball,
- catching/holding on to the net.
Players close to the ball as it is played, or who are trying to play it, are considered in the action of playing the ball, even if no contact is made with the ball.
However, touching the net outside the antenna is not to be considered a fault (except for Rule 9.1.3).
USAV 4.3.3: The players’ jerseys must be numbered in a permanent manner from 1 to 99 using Arabic numerals. Duplicate numbers are not allowed.
USAV 5: The Libero CAN be team captain, game captain, or both.
USAV 5.1.3: The captain does not sign the score sheet after the match. It is no longer required that either coach sign the score sheet after the match to verify the results.
USAV 220.127.116.11: The 2nd referee is not required to sign the scoresheet(s).