Gateway Region 2016-2017 season Tryout Dates
- Boys 15-18's may begin the tryout process on Friday September 23, 2016.
- Boys and Girls 8-14's may begin the tryout process on Friday October 28, 2016.
- Girls 15-18's may begin the tryout process on Friday November 18, 2016.
2016-2017 JNC information:
- 2017 Chaperone Responsibilities Form
- 2016-2017 Age Division Birthday Cutoffs
- For Boys 2016-2017 National Bid Tournaments - Click Here!
- For Girls 2016-2017 National Qualifier Schedule - Click Here!
- For Girls 2016-2017 U18's National Qualifier Schedule - Click Here!
Webpoint Registration - Membership access-renew-Apply
The 2016-2017 Registration season opens Sept 1, 2016. - Please note: Junior Memberships may NOT be paid online.
NOTE: Users of Safari or Google Chrome have reported having difficulties completing registration. Tablet users or those on highly secure networks (school, bank, hospital) have also reported difficulties completing or navigating Webpoint. Users with exceptionally strong pop-up blockers or security firewalls have also experienced registration difficulties. It is recommended that users access webpoint from a computer or laptop and use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
All Junior Coaches and Officials (referees and scorers) to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2017. HOWEVER During the 2016-17 season, USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults involved with any junior programming before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs). To Take the training:
- CLICK this link https://training.teamusa.org/store/details/1
- CLICK “Add to Bag”
- CLICK “Checkout” (there is no charge)
- Follow the on-screen instructions for registering and completing the training. If you have never created a log in for this site click REGISTER.
- If registering for the first time, be sure to “+Add Membership” and select USA Volleyball and enter your current USAV Membership Number. (NOTE: If you don’t have your Membership Number, you may enter your club affiliation.)
NOTE: Users of Safari or Google Chrome have reported having difficulties completing online coursework. Tablet users or those on highly secure networks (school, bank, hospital) have also reported difficulties completing or navigating the online videos. Users with exceptionally strong pop-up blockers or security firewalls have also experienced difficulties. It is recommended that users access webpoint/USAV Academy from a computer or laptop and use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
2015-16 Season Boys and Girls Teams Qualified Out-Of-Region
For a list of All Qualified Girls Teams for the 2016 GJNCs, click here! (Updated 5/12/16)
- Boys Open
- HPSTL B18 Royal - Boys Open in Winter Boys VB Championships
- HPSTL B17 Royal - Boys Open in SCVA Boys Invitational
- HPSTL B16 Royal - Boys Open in SCVA Boys Invitational
- HPSTL B16 Orange - Boys Open Gateway Boys Festival
- HPSTL B15 Royal - Boys Open in Winter Boys VB Championships
- Rockwood Thunder B15 Mizuno - Boys Open At-Large
- Girls Open
- Rockwood Thunder 18 Mizuno - Open in Northern Lights Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 17 Mizuno - Open in Mideast Qualifier
- H2 STL 16 Under Armour - Open in Mideast Qualifier
- HPSTL 16 Royal - Open in Show Me Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 16 Mizuno - Open At-Large
- Rockwood Thunder 15 Mizuno - Open in Mideast Qualifier
- HPSTL 14 Royal - Open in Show Me Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 14 Mizuno - Open in Mideast Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 13 Mizuno – Open in Northern Lights Qualifier
- Girls USA
- HPSTL 18 Royal - USA in Colorado Crossroads Qualifier
- Momentum 17 Navy – USA in Northern Lights Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 17 Navy - USA in Northeast Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 16 Navy – USA in Northern Lights Qualifier
- Momentum 15 Navy - USA in Northeast Qualifier
- Rockwood Thunder 14 Navy - USA in Northeast Qualifier
- Girls American
- MO Xtreme 17 - American in Colorado Crossroads Qualifier
- Momentum 13 Navy – American in Northern Lights Qualifier
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2016-17 Season
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- All Gateway Region Junior Coaches and Officials (referees and scorers) are to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2017. HOWEVER, During the 2016-17 season, USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs). Additionally, Gateway Region recommends that all parents of junior participants watch SafeSport.
- The Girls 18 American Division has been moved to Spring GJNC event. The Region's U18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 11-12, 2017. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Junior Tournaments
- The 2017 Gateway Girls Bid Event will be hosted through AES.
- The Gateway Region Girls Bid Event will remain a double elimination Tournament. If an age division has 16 or fewer teams registered online by the AES deadline, the age division tournament will be completed in 1 day. If an age division has 17 or more teams registered online by the AES deadline, the age division tournament will be completed in 2 days. The Top 10 seeds based on Region Ranking will receive a bye the first day of competition. The remaining seeds will compete on the first day of competition to determine seeds #11 and #12 who will have earned the right to continue competition the 2nd day. The 2nd day of competition will see the completion of a 12 team double elimination bracket to determine bid winners.
Libero Jersey Rule implementation that immediately impacts Junior Participants
19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
2017 Boys’ USAV Junior National Championships in Columbus, OH ~ July 1 - July 8
All Divisions – Registration will open in AES on TBA. Teams must have their membership complete to enter. It is important to do a data import prior to the opening of registration. Send entries and fees directly to USAV by the required deadline. Information can be found on this page http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/Events/Indoor/Boys/2016-BJNC. The boys age division schedule for the 2016 BJNC may be found here. 2017 Information will be posted when USAV updates.
2017 Girls’ USAV Summer Junior National Championships in Minneapolis, MN ~ June 25 - July 4
All Divisions U12-U17, including U14-U17 Patriot. Registration opens on AES TBD. The girls age division schedule for the 2016 GJNC in Indianapolis may be found here. 2017 Information will be posted when USAV updates.
- Teams who qualify at a National Qualifier will have 10 business days after the Qualifier to submit entry forms and payment to USA Volleyball.
- Open At Large applicants that DO NOT WANT to participate in the Gateway Bid Event – USAV deadline for registration entry on AES is TBD.
- All Patriot, National, American and Open at Large applicants that DO WANT to participate in the Gateway Bid Event – Gateway / USAV deadline for registration entry on AES is TBD.
- Patriot Division (U14-U17)– Registration opens on AES TBD for this non-qualifying division of the Girls’ JNC. Teams will be accepted based on date and time stamp of entry. Teams must have their membership complete to enter. It is important to do a data import prior to the opening of registration.
- Late entries may be processed, but there are no guarantees that the team will be eligible for the GJNCs. If a team applies for entry into the GJNC, earns a bid at the Bid Event and chooses to not take the bid, they must be prepared to forfeit their GJNC entry fee and may be subject to additional penalties by USA Volleyball. The highest ranked team not accepting a Region Bid will be responsible for the fee and possible penalties.
2017 Girls U18 USAV Spring Junior National Championships in TBD ~
(All 18s Divisions) Registration opens on AES on TBD.
Future 2016-2017 National Events!
- U18 Girls Spring Junior National Championships Weekend of April 21, 2017 in TBA
- Girls Summer Junior National Championships June 25-July 4, 2017 in Minneapolis, MN
- Boys Junior National Championships July 1-8, 2017 in Columbus, OH
BE A RESPONSIBLE ATHLETE
Student-athletes need to behave appropriately at all times and in all forums. They should be particularly aware of social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, or other emerging technologies. In fact, enough cannot be said about the importance of being aware of these emerging technologies. Anyone can post a picture of another student, and an athlete whose exploits are publicized on Facebook might lose a scholarship offer. Check out the full story here: http://www.ncsasports.org/blog/2013/01/24/responsible-athlete-social-media/.
Gateway Region Buying Alliance
The Gateway Region has joined a Buying Alliance comprised of several other Regional Volleyball Associations of USA Volleyball.
This Alliance was created to aid our Region members who buy volleyball equipment and apparel annually. Several National companies were contacted to see if significant discounts could be negotiated with a large number of orders being grouped together nationally. Many companies were on board and very interested in offering this benefit to the USA Volleyball members.
We encourage our clubs to check out the companies and utilize the service. If the Alliance is a success across the country, we will be able to add more companies and negotiate bigger discounts to pass along to the members.
Maps to most of the sites listed can be found on the Maps page.
More information about the various clubs may be found on our Club Profile Page.
New to Junior Volleyball? Check out the PARENTS PAGE for helpful information
Junior Forum Minutes are posted on the Publications page
USAV SafeSport information for Clubs