- EXPIRED -
Policy and Rules updates for the 2018-19 Season
Season Updates to Policies and Rules...
Policies specific to the Adults
- Default scoring for a Championship Match is 19, 19, 15. Both teams may agree to play 25, 25, 15.
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- All Gateway Region Adults that are involved in with Junior Players are to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2018. USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs) - Adults that have not completed SafeSport will not be permitted on a roster for National Events and can not appear on a webpoint roster. Additionally, Gateway Region recommends that all parents of junior participants watch SafeSport.
- For the 2018-2019 Season only: The membership Fee for brand new boys members in the 15-18s age groups will be $20. Clubs will register teams regularly, and a refund/credit will be issued once the Region confirms the boy is a brand new member to webpoint.
- In the 14s and Younger age divisions, a maximum of 2 boys are allowed on a girls team. The team will be flagged as a waivered team.
- RVAA Motion 12 (SafeSport Committee Motion): For Jr National Championships, Clubs will be required to have a travel policy. The required travel policy could be the default USAV travel policy, the use of a chaperone as in the past, or a club customized travel policy. Motion carries RVAA. The procedure that will be implemented at the JNC team check-in will be explained in the Pre-tournament Manuals that will be posted on the USAV website in December.
Policies related to Junior Tournaments
- Boys High School Regionals will return to Cape Girardeau on the first Sunday in January - the event timeframe will be revisited annually.
- The Region's U18's bid event will take place the weekend of February 23-24, 2019. In the future, this event will continue to take place alongside the Dennis Lafata Boys National Bid Event at the St. Louis Convention Center. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
Policies related to Junior Beach Tournaments
- Only Gateway Members may participate in Gateway REGIONAL qualifiers.
Uniform Rule implementation that immediately impacts Junior Participants
- Uniforms must be numbered in a permanent manner using Arabic Numerals
a. Numbers 1-99 are legal. Numbers 0, 00-09 are not legal and will not be permitted
b. Number minimum height: Front 4"; Back 6". Recommended: Front 6"; Back 8"
c. The stripe must be solid with a minimum width of 3/4".
d. Stripe must clearly contrast with the jersey. This means the ENTIRE number, even if outlined, must contrast with the jersey. (Effective 2018-2019)
- Motion: Uniforms for Gateway Region Sanctioned Events do not have to meet the new number requirement in 2019 (point d above). They must meet the current requirements as of 2017. Teams have until the 2019-2020 season to comply.
- Motion: Uniforms for Gateway Sanctioned events, excluding Bid Event, must be similar, except for the Libero. Bid Event, and other USAV Nationally Sanctioned Events (Qualifiers, JNC) require Identical uniforms per USAV Rules. I.E. In region (except the Gateway Bid Event), players may wear black bikers of different brands (Nike, Under Armour, Asics) as long as they are all black. They may NOT wear different styles (solid, vs striped).